Keeping Passengers and Staff Safe and Healthy:
Please note our safety policies for 2021 due to the COVID-19 outbreak
Vessels + Facilities:
- Passenger capacities will be reduced to assist in social distancing.
- Gift shop and ticket office will be limited to 15 people at a time.
- Contact barriers at cash registers.
- Increased and frequent cleaning and sanitizing on high-touch surfaces and common areas during and before cruises.
- PPE for all employees.
- Sectioned off seating and railings and signage to assist in social distancing.
- Reducing the number of passengers per deck/level to ensure social distancing.
- Sanitizing stations located through out ticket office/gift shop and vessels.
- Cancellation refund policy is in place if we must cancel due to the impacts of Covid-19 as well as for inclement weather such as dense fog and/or high seas.
- Please wear a mask/face covering when in ticket office/gift shop and while waiting to board on our dock and on the vessels. If you need a mask we can provide you one.
- Please practice social distancing.
- Please use hand sanitizing stations located on vessel and in gift shop.
- We encourage you to book your cruise/tour online. Please print out your ticket or have on your mobile device available to check you in while boarding.
- Check email for updates on your cruise up to an hour before departure.
- Arrive early for boarding in order to have choice of level or deck on the vessel.
- Please bring your own binoculars. Unfortunately we cannot rent binoculars due to Covid-19.
For information for those traveling out of state, please visit Governor Mill's Covid-19 mandates and current guidelines for travel:
Due to the unpredictable nature of the weather, tours are subject to cancellation for safety reasons. The decision to cancel is made 1-1.5 hours before a trip's departure. We do our best to alert passengers as quickly as possible. If you ordered tickets online or over the phone and provided an email address, please check your email before arrival to confirm the status of your trip. You can also call our office at (207) 288-2386 from an hour to an hour and a half before trip departure. Due to high call volume, our ticket staff will do their best to answer each call as quickly as possible.
Refunds will be given if your scheduled cruise is cancelled due to weather or Covid-19 related impacts to cruise schedules. Please visit or call the ticket office to receive your refund. It may take up to 7 business days for your refund to post to your account.
Please note, if cruises are modified or cancelled due to Covid-19 or weather, Bar Harbor Whale Watch Co. is not responsible for changes or interruptions in patron’s travel plans including accommodation fees and transportation fees.