Keeping Passengers and Staff Safe and Healthy:
Please read through our safety policies for 2021 due to the COVID-19 outbreak
Vessels + Facilities:
- Passenger capacities will be reduced to assist in social distancing.
- Gift shop and ticket office will be limited to 15 people at a time.
- Contact barriers at cash registers.
- Increased and frequent cleaning and sanitizing on high-touch surfaces and common areas during and before cruises.
- PPE for all employees. Masks are required to be worn by all staff and crew at all times.
- Sectioned off seating and railings and signage to assist in social distancing.
- Reducing the number of passengers per deck/level to ensure social distancing.
- Sanitizing stations located through out ticket office/gift shop and vessels.
- Cancellation refund policy is in place if we must cancel due to the impacts of Covid-19 as well as for inclement weather such as dense fog and/or high seas.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times per US Coast Guard and State Covid-19 mandates. Face masks/face coverings are required in ticket office/gift shop, while waiting to board on our dock and on the vessels. If you need a mask we can provide you one.
- Please practice social distancing, staying 6 feet from other passenger/parties while in line and on vessels.
- Please use hand sanitizing stations located on vessel and in gift shop.
- We encourage you to book your cruise/tour online. Please print out your ticket or have on your mobile device available to check you in while boarding.
- Check email for updates on your cruise up to an hour before departure.
- Arrive early for boarding in order to have choice of level or deck on the vessel.
- Please bring your own binoculars. Unfortunately we cannot rent binoculars due to Covid-19.
For information for those traveling out of state, please visit Governor Mill's Covid-19 mandates and current guidelines for travel:
We ask if you or a member of your party are not feeling well or have been in recent contact with someone with Covid-19 please postpone travel and visitation for the safety of other passengers and our staff.
Early and online reservations will be strongly recommended as trips could fill up very quickly. Our boat capacities will most likely be reduced due to Covid-19. We also cannot guarantee re-bookings/rescheduling for trips that are cancelled as a result of weather conditions, impacts of the pandemic, or changes to patron's travel plans, due to reduced boat capacities and potentially high demand our visitation and reservations.
Refunds will be given if your scheduled cruise is cancelled due to weather or Covid-19 related impacts to cruise schedules. Please visit or call the ticket office to receive your refund. It may take up to 7 business days for your refund to post to your account.
Please note, if cruises are modified or cancelled due to Covid-19 or weather, Bar Harbor Whale Watch Co. is not responsible for changes or interruptions in patron’s travel plans including accommodation fees and transportation fees.