Keeping Passengers and Staff Safe and Healthy:
Updated June 14th, 2021:
Based on current Maine CDC mandates we currently operating boat cruises at full capacity. If you would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.
We will update our policies as necessary based on current federal maritime mandates. Please continue to read through policies below.
In consideration of the the health and safety of both our passengers and staff, we have the following Covid-19 policies in place:
- Masks are still required to be worn, for those 2 years and older, inside the cabins, per US Coast Guard and CDC Covid-19 mandates for passenger vessels.
- Face masks are required inside the cabins regardless of vaccination status.
- Face masks must cover both your mouth and nose. Masks should only be removed for brief periods of time for eating, drinking, or when using the restroom.
- Face masks/face coverings are required in ticket office/gift shop, while waiting to board on our dock and on the vessels. If you need a mask we can provide you one.
- Be prepared to bring layers of clothing for sitting outdoors in the event indoor seating is limited.
- Please use hand sanitizing stations located on vessel and in gift shop.
- We encourage you to book your cruise/tour online. Please print out your ticket or have on your mobile device available to check you in while boarding.
- Please bring your own binoculars. Unfortunately we cannot rent binoculars due to Covid-19.
For information for those traveling out of state, please visit Governor Mill's Covid-19 mandates and current guidelines for travel:
We ask if you or a member of your party are not feeling well or have been in recent contact with someone with Covid-19 please postpone travel and visitation for the safety of other passengers and our staff.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 288-2386.
Vessels + Facilities:
- Increased and frequent cleaning and sanitizing on high-touch surfaces and common areas during and before cruises.
- PPE for all employees. Masks are required to be worn by all staff and crew at all times.
- Sanitizing stations located through out ticket office/gift shop and vessels.
- Cancellation refund policy is in place if we must cancel due to the impacts of Covid-19 as well as for inclement weather such as dense fog and/or high seas.
Early and online reservations will be strongly recommended as trips could fill up very quickly. We also cannot guarantee re-bookings/rescheduling for trips that are cancelled as a result of weather conditions, impacts of the pandemic, or changes to patron's travel plans, due to boat capacities and potentially high demand our visitation and reservations. We are projecting a very busy season, so please be sure to plan ahead!
Refunds will be given if your scheduled cruise is cancelled due to weather or Covid-19 related impacts to cruise schedules. Please visit or call the ticket office to receive your refund. It may take up to 7 business days for your refund to post to your account.
Please note, if cruises are modified or cancelled due to Covid-19 or weather, Bar Harbor Whale Watch Co. is not responsible for changes or interruptions in patron’s travel plans including accommodation fees and transportation fees.