An adventure to remember! Head offshore in search of whales while your guide educates you about the whales and other species of the Gulf of Maine.
HISTORICAL LIGHTHOUSE & ACADIA NATIONAL PARK CRUISE
- Adult Ages 15 and Older
- Junior Ages 6-14
- Child Ages 5 & Under
Spectacular Lighthouses, Nature & Landscapes
Coming to Bar Harbor in late summer and fall? If yes, this is a boat cruise not to be missed!
Join us for a historical and scenic boat cruise to see the lighthouses and natural beauty of Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park!
On this cruise you will have the chance to experience some of the most scenic views of Acadia! Our boats cover many miles of shoreline-visiting a number of unique places amongst the coastal islands, bays, and harbors.
This cruise is an excellent opportunity to see a variety of wildlife including harbor and grey seals, harbor porpoise, bald eagles, and a variety of seabirds!
Our expert guides will share the maritime and natural history of the region in addition to the fascinating stories of the lighthouses!
In mid- to late fall this cruise also provides wonderful views of the autumn foliage!
- Galley has light snacks and bar, including hot and cold beverages. CASH only for galley purchases.
- Restrooms available onboard.
- Binoculars are available at the galley for $5. Photo ID required for rentals (while supplies last).
- Indoor and outdoor seating available. Seating is first come, first serve.
- Vessels are wheelchair accessible. Scripts are available upon request. Certified guide dogs are welcome.
- When booking, please make sure to have tickets for all members in your party, including infants, as our vessels are certified to carry a specific number of passengers.
- If you need to cancel or change your reservation, please make sure to contact our ticket office no later than 24 hours before trip departure at: [email protected] or (207) 288-2386.
- WARM & WATERPROOF LAYERS! It is much colder out on the open ocean, even on a hot summer day, and the ride is windy when the boat is underway.
- Cash for galley purchases and binocular rentals.
Trips can cancel due to weather conditions such as fog and high seas. Cancellations can be decided up to 30 minutes before trip departs and passengers are notified by email and automatically refunded. To re-book a trip, please contact our ticket office at 207-288-2386
- We recommend arriving at the dock 45-60 minutes before departure. Please arrive no late than 15 minutes before departure.
- Municipal paid parking is available at the town pier and in downtown Bar Harbor. It is recommended to arrive early to find parking, as spots can fill quickly. Plan enough time to get into town, park, and get to the dock.
This boat cruise typically travels through sheltered waters close to shore but if you are concerned about seasickness, here are some tips:
- Stay hydrated.
- Try ginger chews or candied ginger,
- Over the counter sea sickness aids should be taken 1-2 hours before the trip leaves the dock. They usually don’t work after the boat is out.
- Acupressure wrist bands.
- Stay outdoors, looking to the horizon, and avoid the front or upper level parts of the boat.
- Avoid racing to the restrooms or cabins if you start to feel queasy. These locations will make you feel worse.
- The captain and crew will inform passengers of the sea conditions. If folks feel they won’t be comfortable with the seas, they can depart and reschedule or get a refund.
- The crew are available at all times if you need assistance.
Yes! Kids can certainly enjoy this trip and learn a great deal! Just a few things to keep in mind:
- Safety- it is crucial that kids have an adult with them at all times. We are out on the open ocean and kids tend to wander off, attempt to jump, run, swing and climb on things they shouldn’t and could potentially get injured. It helps to make sure adults are reinforcing the safety rules!
- Seasickness- kids tend to get seasick more easily. Keeping kiddos hydrated, in the open air, and avoiding sugary foods will help keep them from getting seasick.
HAVE QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO CHECK OUT THE FAQ PAGE OR CONTACT US AT [email protected] OR (207) 288-2386